Sunday, November 2, 2008

Inter win after 2 draws

Mourinho: "Quality football, great spirit"
Saturday, 01 November 2008 22:04:49
[FOTO Saturday, 01 November 2008 22:04:49]
REGGIO CALABRIA - José Mourinho commented on his team's 3-2 victory against Reggina in a post-match interview on Sky Italia.
He said: "What I'm about to say is exactly what I would have said if it had ended 2-2. We played a great match, we created eight scoring chances and we gave a great reaction after their second goal, playing great quality football. This result is very important and Cordoba's goal was the difference between one point and three.
"I'm very happy with the job the boys have done, with their spirit and the quality they showed on the pitch. I saw a great group and I prefer to forget about the mistake we made for their goal. The boys really deserved these three points. I wouldn't have been disappointed with a 2-2 draw because the team fought hard for the third goal.
"My project is a three-year project and we have only done three months, so if someone wants to compare my Inter with Roberto Mancini's, they should compare Mancini's first three months, not those of last season."
Despite conceding twice at the Granillo after four clean sheets, Mourinho is pleased with how things are progressing in defence. "We are working to get close to my defensive organisation at Porto," he explained. "The players are very good and they want to improve. We have played with Chivu and Cordoba in the middle for the third time so we can improve this organisation. Unfortunately we lost Cristian today, so now I will have to find another pairing to work with."
Mourinho expressed his satisfaction with Mario Balotelli's performance at the Granillo. "I congratulated Balotelli after the game. He played well in the first half and in the second. He did what I asked him to do and he did it well. We have worked a lot with him and he has given the best possible reply."
In his tactical analysis of the game, Mourinho said: "We played very high quality football and we had chances to score. Cordoba's goal came at an important time for us after two draws that have cost us four points. At 2-0 up the team was very orderly, they wanted to kill off the game. Reggina scored after a mistake of ours because there should have been a player there but there wasn't. They scored with a nice shot but we can't concede in situations like that.
"During the interval I told the team to play like it did in the first half. Ibrahimovic got into shooting positions easily and Mancini and Quaresma gave us lots of depth by changing positions. The team played really well and this is why I didn't make any big changes after their equaliser. I substituted Mancini with Crespo but the formation remained the same. Balotelli stayed on the wing, Burdisso came on for the injured Chivu and at the end I brought on Obinna to give us a fresh pair of legs. Tactically I changed almost nothing because for how we were playing I always thought we could win the match."
Inter face Anorthosis Famagusta on Tuesday in Matchday 4 of Champions League Group B. "If we win in Cyprus we'll be through, but we have lost four men for Tuesday, including Chivu who hurt his knee," said Mourinho. "I think Cambiasso and Bolzoni will be with us."
i'm glad that inter won again and climb back to top of table.i hope that this winning run will continue and with all the injuries Mourinho had done a excellent job to cope with the lost but nevertheless it shows that inter have a determined group of players and versatile players that can replace any position whenever needed

No comments:

Post a Comment

berkata-kata lah sesuka hati....

Jom Share